CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 22, 2011

My First DIY

Today I was in Walmart for the billionth time in the last few weeks trying to find inexpensive trays for work that kids turn in. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that was the right dimensions in a price range that I will willing to pay (mind you, much like many other teachers out there right now, I have already dropped at least $300-$500 on my room this summer). So, I began the long walk up to the front of the store when these babies caught my eye....


The wheels immediately began turning, and priced at 2 for 95 cents, I decided that I had nothing to lose. I bought four and ran home to raid my collection of fabric, ribbon and stickers.

I threw this one together in about 5 minutes. It doesn't seem the most durable, but in my defense I only had one stick left in my glue gun. 


The options are endless to these and you can use leftover fabric from your bulletin boards to have everything matchy-matchy. I plan on making the four I bought, use two of them now and store the other two until I need them. We'll see how long they hold up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment