CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Doctor is In!

Don't panic!  This post honestly has nothing to do with the physical health of your child. It does however, have to do with the many assessments that your child has completed over the last few days. Much like a doctor needs to assess the health of each one of his patients, I too must assess your child's academic abilities before I can decide on the right course of "treatment". My goal is to get an overall picture of your student's capabilities and needs. Wherever your student lands on the knowledge spectrum, I can assure you that I will be able to meet these needs and challenge each student appropriately.

Our STAR reading testing was completed today. If you would like to know how your student STAR tested, please send me an email. I will be able to give you an approximate grade equivalent. If your student did not read over the summer this may be slightly lower than last year. I am also conducting running records on each student. I value running records more than the STAR test because I can get a picture of exactly which strategies your student is using and what the area of need is. I will be happy to let you know what you can be working on with your student at home. Running records are a bit time consuming but I am aiming to be done by Friday. Of course the best course of action for any student is to have home and school support that is consistent and focused. I know that by working together, we will find the perfect prescription for you child's success! (Okay, I know...I took the whole medical analogy too far....but it's late and I'm tired!) :)

See you tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment